OCLERA, a chapter with over 200 members, has a history of activism, producing several members who have gone on to participate in various levels in the national organization. Many former chapter presidents, who remain active in the chapter long after their terms have expired, are now leaders of the national IRRA. The OCLERA chapter was awarded an Outstanding Chapter Award in 2003, with merit awards for chapter-to-national relations, outstanding programming, consistent chapter excellence, and member innovation. Likewise, the chapter was recognized in 2002 for outstanding programming and consistent chapter excellence. These awards are proudly displayed at chapter events.
OCLERA sponsors bi-monthly dinner meetings on vital labor and employment relations issues. OCLERA also sponsors an annual one-day labor and employment law conference, long considered the “Best in the West,” in conjunction with the National Labor Relations Board and the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service. Our 5 dinner program meetings a year are the most cutting-edge in contemporary employment relations. Program meetings are normally held at the Sheraton Park Hotel, 1855 South Harbor Boulevard, Anaheim, CA 92802. Dinner meetings are scheduled for the months of January, March, May, September and November. (Contact Olivia Mata–at 949.387.1869 or email@example.com—for confirmation of dates and location.) Program registration begins at 6 p.m. A no-host bar follows. An enjoyable dinner is uaually served at 7 p.m. The program begins at 8 p.m. and is usually over around 9 p.m. Parking at the hotel is included in the cost. Dinner meetings are $44/members and $49/nonmembers. MCLE Credit—1 hour. See 'Upcoming Events' to the right of the page to see complete information about upcoming events.
OCLERA promotes collegiality and cooperation with the goal of fostering better and more productive working relationships through the open discussion of issues and the free exchange of ideas.
Annual dues are $55 regular, $25 students, $125 organizations.
Affiliated with the LERA (then IRRA) since March 1977.